1. TVR Tasmins from the 1980s were built almost totally from the Ford parts bin. Parts included Sierra V6 engines and gearboxes, Granada brakes, and Cortina suspension and steering.
2. Ascari KZ1s have Pug 206 headlamps. The mental A10 versions even have Morette quad versions. They also have modified BMW M5 engines.
7. The T56 gearbox is used in loads of supercars, including the Aston Martin Vantage and Vanquish, Corvettes, Dodge Vipers, and Mustang Cobras.
8. The French Venturi supercar has bits taken from all kinds of cars. The original mid-’80s model had a Renault 25 Turbo engine, Renault Fuego windows, Citroën CX mirrors, Mercedes 190 windscreen wipers, Renault 5 front indicators, and BMW 3 Series rear lights.
9. Aston Martin’s flagship car for the ’90s, the ultra-expensive Virage, may have had a hand crafted body and sumptuous interior but the headlights were nicked from an Audi 200 and the rear clusters are from a VW Scirocco.
10. The crazy Koenigsegg CCX is actually powered by a Ford 4.7ltr V8, but it’s running twin superchargers, and pushes out over 800bhp.
SEE MORE TOP 10 CARS
Fast and Furious 6 Dodge Charger Daytona