The original VW Transporter is easily the most famous van of all time. But VW is now looking to the future with the premiere of their I.D. BUZZ CARGO concept.
Volkswagen want to show the world how an electrically powered and completely redeveloped Transporter might change the world of vans.
Here’s 7 things you need to know about the very cool VW I.D. BUZZ CARGO concept.
1. This van is based on a support vehicle for the I.D. R Pikes Peak record holder.
2. Unique features include: digital cargo system, 230V socket to provide power for workers’ tools, and solar roof that can extend the daily range by up to 9.3 miles.
3. This super-cool futuristic zero-emissions panel van could be launched in Europe as early as 2022.
4. Depending on the size of the battery pack, the Volkswagen I.D. BUZZ CARGO concept CARGO can achieve ranges between about 200 and 340 miles (with the largest battery available).
5. The 111kWh battery in the CARGO can be charged to 80 percent capacity in 30 minutes with a 150 kW DC fastcharger.
6. The “I.D. Pilot” mode allows full autonomous driving and recognizes authorized persons via a digital key which is sent to the van from a smartphone. Clever eh?
7. Rear view mirrors become a thing of the past, with cameras projecting images onto small screens in the cab, and other information such as infotainment and climate control functions is displayed on a tablet. Key driving information is projected in 3D via an Augmented Reality (AR) head-up display. Welcome to the future!