The long wait is over, say hello to the new Toyota GR Supra
1. The Toyota GR Supra is powered by a BMW 3-litre straight-six turbo engine, with 340bhp (5,000 to 6,500rpm) and 369lb ft of torque (from 1,600 to 4,500rpm.
2. The Supra does 0-62mph in a claimed 4.3 seconds, has launch control and has a limited top speed of 155mph.
3. For the standard, no extras GR Supra you’ll be at paying just shy of £53k or for £54k you can get the Supra Pro. This includes air-con, adaptive cruise control, power adjustable heated Alcantara sports seats and an upgraded infotainment system with ten speakers.
4. Want the limited GR Supra 3.0L A90 Edition? Well that’s £57k! For that you’ll get all the above, plus a very cool matte Storm Grey paint, matte black 19-inch forged alloy wheels and red leather interior. And there’s only 24 being built, so you best put your order quick. Like now!
5. What does the GR bit mean? GR stands for Gazoo Racing, the competition division of Toyota, you know, like NISMO at Nissan.
6. The Supra design delivers a 50:50 weight balance while optimising front-to-rear aerodynamic balance.
7. In the new version of the famous Supra logotype, the “S” was inspired by a racetrack s-bend.
Want one? Well the order books at Toyota are open now.