McLaren Automotive has revealed the stunning McLaren Speedtail. The next chapter in McLaren’s Ultimate Series, the Speedtail is the first ‘Hyper-GT’ from the pioneering British company recognised for producing luxury sportscars and supercars.
Here’s some of the best McLaren Speedtail facts you should know:
1. The Speedtail can exceed the 243mph record peak speed of the legendary McLaren F1 and can achieve the highest maximum speed of any McLaren to date, reaching a whopping 250mph.
2. Just 106 McLaren Speedtails will be created and all are already reserved, at a price of £1.75m plus tax, so you can put away your credit card.
3. The McLaren Speedtail’s pioneering petrol-electric hybrid powertrain delivers a combined 1,050PS for acceleration of 0-300km/h (that’s 0-186mph) in 12.8 seconds.
4. The carbon fibre, front-wheel static aero-covers feature retractable digital rear-view cameras and replace the need for wing mirrors.
5. The carbon fibre McLaren Monocage body structure unique to the Speedtail envelops McLaren F1-inspired central driving position. Don’t worry, there’s two additional passenger seats just behind.
6. The double-skinned, power-operated dihedral doors feature single-piece ‘wrapover’ lightweight glazing.
7. Who needs tints? The advanced electrochromic glass darkens top of the windscreen at the touch of a button, removing the need for sunvisors.
8. The teardrop-shaped cockpit and aerodynamically optimised, 5.2m carbon fibre body make the Speedtail the most aero-drag efficient McLaren road car ever.
9. The Unique Velocity mode optimises the powertrain and active aerodynamics to achieve maximum speed and can also lower the Speedtail by 35mm.
10. Where’s the shopping go? There’s luggage space within both the nose and tail of the vehicle and a bespoke luggage set is available to every owner. The carbon fibre, leather and metalwork on the cases is all matched to the interior specification of the customers Speedtail.