Ford has announced a new Carbon Series of the Ford GT. And, unlike its sibling racer, however, this one can be driven home from the race track.
Here’s a few top facts:
1. The Ford GT Carbon Series is the lightest of the road-going Ford supercars.
2. The Ford GT Carbon Series features more visible carbon fibre than any previous model.
3. The Ford GT Carbon Series model is 18kg lighter. Thanks to lightweight parts such as carbon fibre wheels, a titanium exhaust, titanium wheel nuts and a lightweight polycarbonate rear hatch.
4. The exterior boasts two exposed carbon fibre stripes with matching A-pillars, lower body panels and gloss carbon fibre wheels. The interior features matte carbon fibre sills, air register pods and centre console.
5. Customers can choose between four optional accent colours – silver, orange, red or blue – for the mirror caps, centre stripe and callipers. The Carbon Series also features a unique seat pattern with silver stitching that is repeated on the steering wheel as well as clear anodised paddle shifters and a unique badge for the instrument panel.
For more info see Ford GT