1. The Evo RS models came with steel wheels – many also had thinner body panels and thinner glass on the options list.
2. The Evo VII GT-A was the first Evo version to be available with an automatic box and featured no bonnet vents and unique diamond-cut 17s.
3. The North American Evo X MR Premium comes with a 30GB music server and 650w, nine-speaker Rockford-Fosgate stereo as standard.
4. It’s not strictly an Evo, but the first ever Mitsubishi Lancer GSR packed a monster 1.6ltr engine and a whopping 95bhp!
5. The Evo MIEV does 0-60mph in 6.9sec and is powered by four electric motors, delivering 382lb/ft right from standstill.
6. The world’s fastest Evo is Mike Reichen’s 1994 Evo II which managed 221.4mph.
7. Just 2,500 Evo IX estates were made. The car is pretty much the same as the Evo IX saloon and packs a 2.0-litre turbo engine, 6-speed box and AWD.
8. The Evo used in The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift, was actually a VIII disguised to look like a IX.
9. The WRC ‘Evos’ used in the late ’90s by the likes of Richard Burns and Freddy Loix were badged as Carisma GTs, not Evos.
10. One of the rarest Evos is the VI Extreme, with just 50 models made. The RALLIART UK tuned model packs 350 bhp and hits 0-60 mph in around 4 seconds.