The work of an online editor is never done, which means finding workshop time these days is pretty hard. But rather than keep making excuses, I’ve decided the only way to get things done on the AX is to make a manageable to-do list.
Hopefully taking a more planned approach and doing a few small jobs regularly, will result in some much-needed progress. As a wise philosopher once said ‘every little helps’ (I think that’s ASDA bro – Jules).
So with the above in mind, my first job was to strip yet more wiring and things like nitrous lines, additional gauges and audio leads etc. The thinking of this is if I can get the wiring back to basics, I can see what works, what doesn’t and worry about adding the extras later.
During this I found evidence of a small electrical meltdown in the dashboard, which goes a long way to explaining some of the issues I had previously suffered.
After this discovery, it made sense to completely remove the dashboard, which in turn meant removing the cage. Luckily, though, the OMP cage I installed many years ago comes in two parts, so once I’d loosened and removed the bolts on the front section, it was just a case of using a cargo strap to take the tension and getting it removed.
The dash removal however is a different matter, now where did I put that Haynes Manual…
See more of Glenn’s Citroen AX VTS project